In light of the recent collapse of Collateral, I decided I wanted to go visit the peer to peer companies I invest or am considering investing through in order to meet those in charge and see what’s going on behind the scenes. Sometimes it’s very hard to understand peer to peer businesses so I’m hoping these inside looks will help demystify exactly who we are sending our money too.
I reached out to many companies to see who was willing to host little old me and my video camera.
Kuflink graciously invited me for an office tour and a sit down with Narinder (CEO), Hari (CTO), Amy (Legal Executive) and other members of Kuflink’s team so I could learn more about their business. I accepted their invite and took the train to Gravesend to snoop around Kuflink’s offices.
After my visit, here are some of my observations:
- Kuflink is a smaller family owned business with a staff of 25+
- The family has been in the property lending business for over 30 years
- They have a great company culture and the team is passionate about their mission
- Their due diligence requirements on property loans are high and they keep loan-to-valuations at a reasonable level, sometimes using 90 day liquidation values
- Kuflink is very involved in their local community and contributes charitably to causes
- Innovative company with new products in the works
- Listens to customer feedback (I appealed to them to remove their wording on their 20% guaranteed first loss to which they were receptive)
Every company including Kuflink has its pros and cons so I recommend reading my full Kuflink review to find out more about the company.
Click here to sign up for Kuflink. (New customers receive £100 cashback on the investment of £500 or more into an ISA or regular account. Must invest the £500 into loans within 24 hours of first loan investment. Read the terms and conditions on the signup page. When you open an account through my website, it helps me to continue to operate and offer new reviews.)
If you enjoyed this Kuflink page and want to know more, click here and receive my complimentary Top 5 Peer to Peer Lending Sites Report.
I love feedback, so if you find any errors or omissions in this Kuflink review or have any improvement suggestions, I invite you to contact me and be a part of contributing to this website.
Disclaimers: I’m not paid by Kuflink to write about them, nor am I employed by any of the companies I write about. In most cases, I have invested or continue to invest my own money through these companies. The sign-up links on this website are referral links. When you sign up for an account through my website, I receive a referral fee directly from the companies, at no cost to you. Your support enables me to continue to operate the Financial Thing website. You can read more about my referral links here.
** This Kuflink page is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as investment advice. Opinions expressed in this Kuflink review are only opinions based on my own personal experiences. As with any financial investment, peer to peer lending involves risks and it’s possible to lose money so never invest more than you can afford to lose. If you are unsure about investing, it is advisable to consult a financial professional **