Financial Thing Investing Essentials Podcast EP003
Guest: Stephen Findlay / CEO & Founder of Bondmason
Welcome to episode 003 of the Financial Thing Investing Essentials Podcast.
My guest is Stephen Findlay, the CEO and founder of Bondmason, one of the companies I used to invest through. Unfortunately, when Bondmason raised their annual fees and upped their minimum investment amount to £5,000, I decided to exit Bondmason.
I thoroughly enjoyed my chat with Stephen, despite his lack for ready to go dad jokes.
Here are some of the things Stephen and I chatted about:
- The art of telling dad jokes
- Why was Bondmason created
- How Stephen keeps lenders’ happy
- The importance of Director and staff experience
- How Bondmason is funded and whether it’s a profitable company
- Lender interest rate projections for the next 12 months
- The single biggest challenge Bondmason faces
- Stephen’s assessment of how risky investing in Bondmason really is
- How much liquid net worth Stephen thinks should you put into peer to peer lending
- Future Bondmason plans and products
If you want to learn about my personal experiences of investing through Bondmason along with the reasons I decided to exit, you can read my comprehensive Bondmason review here.
Future Financial Thing Investing Essentials Podcast episodes will feature a wide variety of guests ranging from company CEO’s to regular old lending folk like myself. If you have an idea for a future podcast episode or would like to be a guest yourself, please visit my contact page.
Please consider subscribing to the Financial Thing YouTube channel. Subscribing only takes a quick flick press of the index finger (or bash of the fist if you have anger issues) and helps me out immensely.
I love feedback, so if you find any errors or omissions on Financial Thing or you have any improvement suggestions, I invite you to contact me and be a part of contributing to this website.